Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Goodbyes...

If you read my blog regularly you would know that I have been saying goodbye a lot lately.  YUCK!!!  I really hate saying goodbye.

However, tonight was another sad occasion here in Minot :(

Today, Colonel Joel S. Westa retired after 25 yrs of faithful service to The United States Air Force.  In the last 18 months Joe got the pleasure to be under his command and I was blessed to have his wife, Deborah, as a friend/mentor.   Tonight at his retirement dinner person after person stood up and spoke of the true character of Col. Westa and his family.  Col. Westa has always said, character is what you are when no one is watching but tonight Col. Bell said it best..."character is what you are when EVERYONE is watching."



The Westa family has displayed an unmeasurable amount of character in the last couple of weeks.  At times I know it had to be hard but they never let it show.


Deborah has been a remarkable example of how to carry oneself as a military wife and woman of God.  She has supported Col Westa and our community and touched so many lives.  And for me personally, she has restored some confidence that I have recently questioned.


So one last time we bid you farewell and God speed.  I pray our paths cross again.


No comments: