Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hunting Season Opened Early...

Yesterday started out as a great day! We spent the day down in Bismarck running errands, such as new tires, a new cell phone for me, a trip to Kohl's, all those fun things.

We even bought a new TV for our new house! What we didn't plan on doing was totaling the Explorer on the way home!

Ah, now I have your attention...yes last night at approximately 8:30 p.m. CST, I was able to check a few boxes off on my life to do list. Things like hit a deer at 70 mph (yes that is the speed limit), have your airbags deploy, change your child on the front seat of a Highway Patrolman's car, wait over an hour for a tow truck and your friend to drive the 60+ miles to pick you and your family up.

The final word is not back from the insurance company but they are planning on it being a total loss. So now we have one more thing to add to our plate. We were informed today to begin looking for a new car...most would be excited about this however I was really not ready to have to do this. Actually I almost want to lay on the floor and throw a complete FIT! Please remember us this week as we are moving into our new house and trying to car shop all with a 4 yr old and a 10 month old. 

3 comments:

Audra Lynn said...

oh, no!

Emily said...

oh no! I'm so glad no one was hurt though. How terrible. My husband totaled his car (not his fault) the week before Thanksgiving and when I was 8 mos pregnant w/ Melody. It was such a pain in the rear! Good luck car shopping!

Unknown said...

ON MY WORD!!! I had to chuckle even though I feel your frustration.