Sunday, April 3, 2011

Garden

The camera has been FOUND!

Over the last couple of weeks there has been a great deal of RE-landscaping happening around here.

We had an 8 foot Sago Palm removed from our front yard, which makes me VERY happy!  We also shrunk our front flowerbed by about 40 sqft, removed about 4000 lbs of granite rock.  We added a few plants and a nice fresh covering of mulch.  (Pictures to come)

Now our backyard looks like a whole new yard!  We brought in about 2000 lbs of dirt and regraded half of our yard.  Thankfully now you can take a small step off our porch instead of having to jump down to the grass.  We laid 2 pallets of sod, which is looking very nice!  We also planted a peach tree and a pulm tree, they are small but hopefully they will bare some fruit next year.

However I think I am most excited about my first vegetable garden that we finished today.  Its not very big but I think its a good start for the kids and I.  I have never tried my hand a growing anything other than some flowers so I am hoping for big yields.
Before
Josiah planting cuccumbers.
Makayla's turn!

In our garden we have planted "hot house" cuccumbers, zucchini, crooked neck squash, red and yellow bellpepper, watermelon, strawberries, and in pots we have tomatoes & grapes.
Our grapes.

Finally my little helpers!

Check back for more pictures of the re-landscape.
  

1 comment:

Audra Lynn said...

Wait...an 8-foot sago palm? How long does it take them to get that big? We've got one on either side of our front sidewalk, but I was told they wouldn't get very big. 8 feet sounds big to me! I wouldn't want that, either!